Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Microaquarium Setup

To set up my aquarium, Dr. McFarland and I acquired water from the tanks out behind Hesler Biology Building. We took water from several tanks. We then added Utricularia gibba L. [Flowering plant. A carnivous plant. Original material from south shore of Spain Lake (N 35o55 12.35" W088o20' 47.00), Camp Bella Air Rd. East of Sparta Tn. in White Co. and grown in water tanks outside of greenhouse at Hesler Biology Building. The University of Tennessee. Knox Co. Knoxville TN). This was pushed into my plastic microaquarium by a dissecting tool. I waited a few minutes and then observed my aquarium through a microscope where I saw several ciliates and what seemed to be amoeba-like creatures. There was also a much larger specimen that looked like a larvae of some kind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment